Friday, March 20, 2015

About this Blog

I want to write down my thoughts with purpose and constraints.

My mind can be a recursive loop of dealing with issues I face and topics I'm interested in. It's often not helpful or healthy. By writing some of this down, I'd like to get it out of my mind and organize it.

To be clear, I do not intend for this blog to be a rant zone or a stream of consciousness.

It is intended to mainly be topical. But instead of those topics of interest rolling around in my head, I'd like to have a framework to research them, learn about them, and then voice my thoughts on them.

I tried to blog once before and failed miserably! Aside from being disorganized and inconsistent due to ADHD, I tended to either box the blog in and then not be able to find content to fill the box, or over-plan my ideas and never get to actually making them.

I'm really hoping to be freer this round and just write what's on my mind, with hopes of feeling obligated to present topics well, find research to back up my opinions and ideally have a better grasp on things than if I just thought about them non-stop.


Who is my audience? This is a question I'm not too concerned with, at least until I actually make some content.

What are the topics? I expect the grouping of topics to change over time, and I welcome that. Here are some things I'm into right now.

- Climate and environment
- Future of technology and humanity
- Psychology and mental health
- Religion
- Science/Knowledge Seeking/Psychology ("scientia" to be cool and fancy)


There is so much more I care about and want to think and learn about, and those will work their way in here. But those listed are the ones that have really been ringing in my brain lately. The brain-ringing hasn't brought me very far...and that is what this blog is about.

No comments:

Post a Comment